Home Affordable Modification Program … Are You Eligible?
The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) is for homeowners who are struggling with mortgage payments and think that a lowered interest rate could bring their payments to an affordable level. These loan modifications are ideal for homeowners whose mortgage payments are just out of reach.
Are you eligible? Take this short survey to find out:
|1. Is this home your primary residence?||
|2. Do you owe less than $729,750 on your first mortgage?||
|3. Are you struggling to pay your mortgage?
This could mean having a recent increase in payments, decrease in income or financial hardship such as unexpected medical bills.
|4. Did you get your current mortgage before January 1, 2009?||
|5. Do your total monthly mortgage payments exceed 31% of your gross income?||
Enter your information below and click “SUBMIT” to find out if you are eligible.*
|*Denotes required fields.|
*Information in this survey sourced from Supplemental Directive 09-01, which is available at:https://www.hmpadmin.com/portal/docs/hamp_servicer/sd0901.pdf.
How to Recognize a Mortgage Scam
You might be a victim of a scam if:
- You are told you will get a federal incentive to walk away from your mortgage
- You are asked to pay upfront for counseling
- You are pressured to sign papers immediately
- You are asked to sign your house over to a company or person who is not working with your mortgage company
- You are asked to make a mortgage payment to someone other than your mortgage company without their approval
- You are guaranteed a successful short sale or mortgage modification
- They claim to be a representative of the federal government
If you believe that you are a victim of a scam, you should contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or visit their Complaint Assistant https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov.
The information provided in this webpage is based on government documents, which are subject to change. Therefore, The Real Estate Market Watch, LLC, and it’s agents, cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information provided here. This survey can help you determine the likelihood of your eligibility, but only the servicer of your loan can tell you if you qualify.